Wednesday, May 15, 2019

DataEng: GCS: Loading Table to BigQuery

In this blog, I exported partial records from a vCenter schema from SQL Server with the following query on VPX_HOST and created a vpx_host.csv document.

select  ip_address, cpu_hz, mem_size from EDA.vpx_host


From the GCP Console, go down to BigQuery and click into it.

First, create a Dataset then create a table within it. Once the table is created, it can be queried just like normal RDBMS.


[Learn] 
The query output is cached. Say, if I have version 1 VPX_HOST table created, then I modified the CSV, deleted the BiqQuery table and upload a new one. running a query will still presenting old dataset. In order to start from a fresh query, user need to click on the upper right-hand button - "+ COMPOSE NEW QUERY"






That's it, on how to create Table in BiqQuery. I will utilize this data loading for my data visualization blog. Before visualizing the data with charts, I need to load the table with data first.
[Go to Data Vizualization]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pandas: SQL Like pandas operations

Pandas's SQL Like operations such as WHERE clause. = != >= str.contains() & | .isin() .isnull() .notnull() ....